Planned Parenthood: A Statement by Bishop O’Connell
Please click this link to read Bishop O’Connell’s statement on the revelations contained in videos linking Planned Parenthood to the “harvesting” and sale of organs from the remains of the children they abort.
40 Days for Life
These videos have exposed the terrible truth about the sale of fetal body parts by Planned Parenthood: Abortion is big business and the industry preys on the fears of women in crisis pregnancies. Many who have not confronted this evil until now are being motivated to fight for their tiny brothers and sisters in Christ. If you have wondering what to do to stand up for justice and human dignity, please join this Fall’s 40 Days for Life Campaign.
Beginning September 23rd, over 100,000 people in over 300 cities will pray and fast for an end to abortion by maintaining a peaceful presence at local abortion facilities (ideally with volunteers to be present every day for twelve hours at the local abortion facility, in our case, the Cherry Hill Women’s Center, 502 North Kings Highway). They perform about 300 abortions there each week. To those going in for abortions, we are often their last sign of hope. With God’s grace the 40 Days for Life campaign counts 10,331 lives saved since 2007. Call Claire at 856-234-6198 for more information about how you can become involved.
1st Way of Burlington County, a pro-life Crisis Preganancy Center, located at 215 S. Sunset Road, Willingboro, is in desperate need of volunteers. If you can spare 2-4 hours a week, it will help keep the agency’s doors open so it can continue to provide diapers, formula, and layettes as well as new and used clothing free of charge to poor mothers and their babies. If you can help, please call Karen Pierce (an OLGC parishioner) at 856-722-9418 or (cell) 609-206-6250.
Help with Crisis Pregnancies
24 Hour Pregnancy Hotline Numbers
- National Life Services 1-800-848-LOVE
- Abba Crisis Pregnancy Center 1-800-548-LIFE (Palmyra)
- Se Habla Espanol 24 horas de servicio de emergencia para mujeres embarazadas 1-877-675-5900
- Options – free ultrasound and pregnancy tests: 1500 N. Kings Hwy. Ste.110, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034 1-877-9NO-WAIT or 856-795-0048
- Alpha Pregnancy Services 215-545-HOPE
- First Way 609-854-8100 (Collingswood)
Homes for Pregnant Women
- Good Counsel Homes (will pick you up) 1-800-723-8331, Riverside 856-393-8169
- Several Sources Foundation 1-800-662-2678
- Guiding Star Ministries Home 215-924-2876
Catholic Charities 1-800-CARE-002
God has a plan for your baby…maybe His plan is for a childless couple to raise the baby. You can meet and choose the adoptive parents. God knows and loves your unborn baby. Abortion ends in pain and death. (Your baby’s heart is beating on day 21). You may thing that abortion is fast and easy and pregnancy and child birth is so hard, but abortion is even more painful and leaves wounds that do not go away. We can help you through your pregnancy.
Post-Abortion Healing Rachel’s Vineyard 1-866-4-RACHEL
Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M.’s Statement on the USCCB Response to the HHS Insurance Mandate
The members of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Administrative Committee engaged in an extended discussion of the issue of religious freedom during our two-day meeting in Washington. Contrary to some media reports, the bishops are united in their vigorous opposition to the intrusive and coercive mandate and dubious “accommodation” proposed by the administration. Again, contrary to media reports, the bishops’ efforts are not focused on contraception but, rather, on the recent, dangerous and precedent-setting intrusion of the administration into and upon the religious freedom of people of all faiths in our nation. The implications of the administration’s actions are long-term and harmful to the deeply held convictions of the American people from the beginning of our history. We bishops see these actions as an affront to the common good. The full statement can be found here. News on Marriage
- To read the .pdf document containing the full text of the NJ Bishops’ 2009 statement on marriage, click here.
- To learn more about the N.J. Bishops’ statements on marriage, go to http://www.njcathconf.com/content/family_life_marriage_teaching.php.
- For information on the U.S. Bishops’ initiatives to defend and promote the sanctity of marriage as a union between one man and one woman, go to http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/marriage-and-family/marriage/promotion-and-defense-of-marriage/.
Additional Pro-Life Links are on this page.