RESPECT LIFE QUOTE
“Every child who, rather than being born, is condemned unjustly to being aborted, bears the face of Jesus Christ, bears the face of the Lord, who even before he was born, and then just after birth, experienced the world’s rejection. And every elderly person…even if he is ill or at the end of his days, bears the face of Christ. They cannot be discarded, as the ‘culture of waste’ suggests!”
Pope Francis, Address to Catholic Healthcare Professionals and Gynecologists, Sept. 20, 2013
Chartered Bus to March for Life on January 27, 2017
On Friday, January 27, Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, along with St. Charles Borromeo Cinnaminson and Sacred Heart Riverton parishes, will sponsor a bus to the March for Life in Washington, DC. There will be a Mass at 6:30am at St. Charles followed by coffee & donuts. The chartered bus departs St. Charles Borromeo at 7:45am with rest stop at Maryland House (both on the trip to Washington and return). The bus will park at Postal Museum (next to Union Station) in Washington D.C. Participants return to the bus for a 4:00pm departure back to St. Charles Borromeo at 2500 Branch Pike in Cinnaminson. Please contact Claire Howson for more details at (856) 313-9861 or email@example.com. No Cost for Parish Members, $5 for non-parish individual and $10 for family.
1st Way of Burlington County, a pro-life Crisis Preganancy Center, located at 215 S. Sunset Road, Willingboro, is in desperate need of volunteers. If you can spare 2-4 hours a week, it will help keep the agency’s doors open so it can continue to provide diapers, formula, and layettes as well as new and used clothing free of charge to poor mothers and their babies. If you can help, please call Karen Pierce (an OLGC parishioner) at 856-722-9418 or (cell) 609-206-6250.
lp with Crisis Pregnancies
24 Hour Pregnancy Hotline Numbers
- National Life Services 1-800-848-LOVE
- Abba Crisis Pregnancy Center 1-800-548-LIFE (Palmyra)
- Se Habla Espanol 24 horas de servicio de emergencia para mujeres embarazadas 1-877-675-5900
- Options – free ultrasound and pregnancy tests: 1500 N. Kings Hwy. Ste.110, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034 1-877-9NO-WAIT or 856-795-0048
- Alpha Pregnancy Services 215-545-HOPE
- First Way 609-854-8100 (Collingswood)
Homes for Pregnant Women
- Good Counsel Homes (will pick you up) 1-800-723-8331, Riverside 856-393-8169
- Several Sources Foundation 1-800-662-2678
- Guiding Star Ministries Home 215-924-2876
Catholic Charities 1-800-CARE-002
God has a plan for your baby…maybe His plan is for a childless couple to raise the baby. You can meet and choose the adoptive parents. God knows and loves your unborn baby. Abortion ends in pain and death. (Your baby’s heart is beating on day 21). You may thing that abortion is fast and easy and pregnancy and child birth is so hard, but abortion is even more painful and leaves wounds that do not go away. We can help you through your pregnancy.
Post-Abortion Healing Rachel’s Vineyard 1-866-4-RACHEL
Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M.’s Statement on the USCCB Response to the HHS Insurance Mandate
The members of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Administrative Committee engaged in an extended discussion of the issue of religious freedom during our two-day meeting in Washington. Contrary to some media reports, the bishops are united in their vigorous opposition to the intrusive and coercive mandate and dubious “accommodation” proposed by the administration. Again, contrary to media reports, the bishops’ efforts are not focused on contraception but, rather, on the recent, dangerous and precedent-setting intrusion of the administration into and upon the religious freedom of people of all faiths in our nation. The implications of the administration’s actions are long-term and harmful to the deeply held convictions of the American people from the beginning of our history. We bishops see these actions as an affront to the common good. The full statement can be found here.
News on Marriage
- To learn more about the N.J. Bishops’ statements on marriage, go to http://www.njcathconf.com/content/family_life_marriage_teaching.php.
- For information on the U.S. Bishops’ initiatives to defend and promote the sanctity of marriage as a union between one man and one woman, go to http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/marriage-and-family/marriage/promotion-and-defense-of-marriage/.
Additional Pro-Life Links are on this page.