Respect Life Quote
“Our Lord calls us to imitate him more perfectly by witnessing to the inherent dignity of every human being, including those whose actions have been despicable….[W]e are called to oppose the culture of death by witnessing to something greater and more perfect: a gospel of life, hope and mercy.” –Life Matters: A Catholic Response to the Death Penalty (Respect Life Program/USCCB Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities). [http://bit.ly/CatholicResponse]
Infant, Children and Maternity Clothes Are Needed
1st Way of Burlington County, 215 S. Sunset Road, Suite 304, Willingboro, NJ, is in need of gently-used clothing for mothers and their children. 1st Way is a pro-life pregnancy center serving all of Burlington County but especially the poor of Willingboro and Burlington. Donations are tax deductible and all clothing is given out for free to our clients. Please call the office at 609-871-1431.
Help with Crisis Pregnancies
24 Hour Pregnancy Hotline Numbers
- National Life Services 1-800-848-LOVE
- Abba Crisis Pregnancy Center 1-800-548-LIFE (Palmyra)
- Se Habla Espanol 24 horas de servicio de emergencia para mujeres embarazadas 1-877-675-5900
- Options – free ultrasound and pregnancy tests: 1500 N. Kings Hwy. Ste.110, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034 1-877-9NO-WAIT or 856-795-0048
- Alpha Pregnancy Services 215-545-HOPE
- First Way 609-854-8100 (Collingswood)
Homes for Pregnant Women
- Good Counsel Homes (will pick you up) 1-800-723-8331, Riverside 856-393-8169
- Several Sources Foundation 1-800-662-2678
- Guiding Star Ministries Home 215-924-2876
Catholic Charities 1-800-CARE-002
God has a plan for your baby…maybe His plan is for a childless couple to raise the baby. You can meet and choose the adoptive parents. God knows and loves your unborn baby. Abortion ends in pain and death. (Your baby’s heart is beating on day 21). You may thing that abortion is fast and easy and pregnancy and child birth is so hard, but abortion is even more painful and leaves wounds that do not go away. We can help you through your pregnancy.
Post-Abortion Healing Rachel’s Vineyard 1-866-4-RACHEL
Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M.’s Statement on the USCCB Response to the HHS Insurance Mandate
The members of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Administrative Committee engaged in an extended discussion of the issue of religious freedom during our two-day meeting in Washington. Contrary to some media reports, the bishops are united in their vigorous opposition to the intrusive and coercive mandate and dubious “accommodation” proposed by the administration. Again, contrary to media reports, the bishops’ efforts are not focused on contraception but, rather, on the recent, dangerous and precedent-setting intrusion of the administration into and upon the religious freedom of people of all faiths in our nation. The implications of the administration’s actions are long-term and harmful to the deeply held convictions of the American people from the beginning of our history. We bishops see these actions as an affront to the common good. The full statement can be found here. News on Marriage
- To read the .pdf document containing the full text of the NJ Bishops’ 2009 statement on marriage, click here.
- To learn more about the N.J. Bishops’ statements on marriage, go to http://www.njcathconf.com/content/family_life_marriage_teaching.php.
- For information on the U.S. Bishops’ initiatives to defend and promote the sanctity of marriage as a union between one man and one woman, go to http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/marriage-and-family/marriage/promotion-and-defense-of-marriage/.
Additional Pro-Life Links are on this page.