RESPECT LIFE QUOTE
“The right to life is the first human right. Abortion is killing someone that cannot defend him or herself.”
–Cardinal Bergoglio with Rabbi Abraham Skorka in the book On Heaven and Earth (2013).
Volunteers and Clothing Needed
1st Way of Burlington County at 500 High Street, Burlington, is a pro-life pregnancy center is in need of volunteers to help poor Mothers and their babies. If you can commit to two hours a week to give out diapers, formula, layettes, and clothing to our client families or if you have questions, please call Karen Pierce at 856-722-9418. 1st Way has a used clothing room for which maternity and childrens’ clothing are needed. All our donated items are distributed free of charge. So, please if you have gently used maternity, baby and children clothing please consider donating it to 1st Way. Call 1st Way! 609-871-1431 Donations are tax deductible. Thank you for helping 1st Way help those who have chosen Life!
Help with Crisis Pregnancies
24 Hour Pregnancy Hotline Numbers
- National Life Services 1-800-848-LOVE
- Abba Crisis Pregnancy Center 1-800-548-LIFE (Palmyra)
- Se Habla Espanol 24 horas de servicio de emergencia para mujeres embarazadas 1-877-675-5900
- Options – free ultrasound and pregnancy tests: 1500 N. Kings Hwy. Ste.110, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034 1-877-9NO-WAIT or 856-795-0048
- Alpha Pregnancy Services 215-545-HOPE
- First Way 609-854-8100 (Collingswood)
Homes for Pregnant Women
- Good Counsel Homes (will pick you up) 1-800-723-8331, Riverside 856-393-8169
- Several Sources Foundation 1-800-662-2678
- Guiding Star Ministries Home 215-924-2876
Catholic Charities 1-800-CARE-002
God has a plan for your baby…maybe His plan is for a childless couple to raise the baby. You can meet and choose the adoptive parents. God knows and loves your unborn baby. Abortion ends in pain and death. (Your baby’s heart is beating on day 21). You may thing that abortion is fast and easy and pregnancy and child birth is so hard, but abortion is even more painful and leaves wounds that do not go away. We can help you through your pregnancy.
Post-Abortion Healing Rachel’s Vineyard 1-866-4-RACHEL
Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M.’s Statement on the USCCB Response to the HHS Insurance Mandate
The members of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Administrative Committee engaged in an extended discussion of the issue of religious freedom during our two-day meeting in Washington. Contrary to some media reports, the bishops are united in their vigorous opposition to the intrusive and coercive mandate and dubious “accommodation” proposed by the administration. Again, contrary to media reports, the bishops’ efforts are not focused on contraception but, rather, on the recent, dangerous and precedent-setting intrusion of the administration into and upon the religious freedom of people of all faiths in our nation. The implications of the administration’s actions are long-term and harmful to the deeply held convictions of the American people from the beginning of our history. We bishops see these actions as an affront to the common good. The full statement can be found here.
News on Marriage
- To learn more about the N.J. Bishops’ statements on marriage, go to this site. The general NJ Conference of Bishops site, with general information on social teaching and other pastoral matters, can be accessed here.
- For information on the U.S. Bishops’ initiatives to defend and promote the sanctity of marriage as a union between one man and one woman, go to http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/marriage-and-family/marriage/promotion-and-defense-of-marriage/.
Additional Pro-Life Links are on this page.