Welcome to Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish!
We encourage you to join us at Mass and participate in our vibrant parish life. Please join us for liturgies and introduce yourself to our pastor, Father Damian McElroy.
Our Lady’s counsel to the waiters at the Wedding Feast in Cana of Galilee (“Do whatever He tells you”—John 2:5) is the biblical foundation for the title of our parish: The Church of Our Lady of Good Counsel. Click here for a video of Father Damian’s homily about this Gospel teaching during our May Procession liturgy with our school’s students.
As disciples of the Lord Jesus, we are a community called to do whatever He tells us under the patronage of Our Lady of Good Counsel. The Roman Catholic tradition of the Diocese of Trenton is the context in which we live out this call. As a parish community we emphasize:
Meaningful worship of the God who blesses us constantly; religious education, especially of our children; a caring response to the cry of the poor at home and abroad; and a strong commitment to the sacredness of human life.
To register as a parishioner of Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, please contact the Parish Office at 856-235-0181 or email email@example.com
Contact one of us to learn about our diverse ministries. We would love to have you join our efforts!
- If you are an adult who is not Catholic, please click here for information on becoming a member of the Catholic faith.
- If you are Catholic, see the information below.
If you are within the parish boundaries set by the Diocese of Trenton, you can complete a Parish Registration Form at the Parish Office, or request one to be mailed to you.
Catholics Outside the Parish Boundaries Wishing to Join Our Lady’s Parish
If you are not within the territory of the parish, see below for how to petition the pastor to register at the parish.
- All baptized Catholics living within the boundaries of the Parish are members unless they exercise their right to join another parish. The boundaries of this parish, roughly speaking, are the Township of Moorestown.
- Catholics living outside these boundaries may petition Fr. Damian in writing stating the reasons why they want to be a member of Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish instead of the parish in which they reside.
- The services of a priest in an emergency or during an extended confinement are available to all.
- Letters of Eligibility are given only to those registered for at least three months who attend Mass regularly.
- Parents must be registered for at least six months and demonstrate a pattern of practicing their faith in order to arrange for the baptism of their child at Our Lady of Good Counsel.
- To set a wedding date at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, an individual or the parents must have been registered for at least one year and have a record of church attendance and support. Wedding arrangements should be made one year prior to the date desired for the wedding.